By Jason B. Neola
THE Miss Bicolandia Executive Committee met with members of the local media last July 18 to discuss details of the upcoming search for the Miss Bicolandia 2018.
Candidates to the Miss Bicolandia beauty pageant must be:
1. At least 17 but not more than 25 years old on the date of the proclamation night.
2. At least 5’4” in height (barefoot).
3. Single and of good moral character and reputation, and has never given birth or never been a mother.
4. A Filipino citizen, a Bicolana by birth or by blood or a resident of Bicol Region for at least three consecutive years.
5. At least 4th year High School.
6. Able to communicate in any Bicol dialect; and
7. Of good health and can perform her future task of representing the Bicol Region as ambassadress of goodwill.
The Miss Bicolandia Beauty Pageant Council convened early this month to set into motion this year’s search for the most prestigious beauty and brain contest in the region.
Among the matters discussed in the council’s initial meeting were the schedule of Execom meetings with the talent scouts, a press briefing with members of the local media, the deadline for submission of bids for production, execom meeting with the production group, and the pre-screening of candidates.
At least 20 candidates will be chosen to be presented as official candidates on August 25, this year. A photo session will follow after the formal presentation.
Swimsuit pre-judging and fashion show are set on September 1 while pre-judging will be held in the morning of September 5. On that same day, the grand coronation night will be held.