In a few days about 60 million Filipinos who are registered voters will be going to their respective polling centers to cast their votes for this year’s midterm elections. Voters will choose from their choices of candidates for senators, representatives, governors and vice governors, board members, mayors and vice mayors, and councilors.
It was a long and arduous campaign period for the candidates. Again, as in every election, voting Filipinos were wooed and courted for their precious vote. And again, as in every election, promises are made by the candidates – promises that are half-meant and thus, half-fulfilled, if they are ever when the candidate has been elected to the seat they aspired for.
It is a vicious cycle of wooing and not keeping their promises. In the end, it is the citizens’ dreams that are shattered by these over promising politicians posing as public servants.
Here in our beloved Naga City, we are fortunate to have politicians who are true public servants. Men and women who deliver what they promised, who serve with integrity and with a heart for the least, the last, and the lost.
Here, we see how our dreams become realities. May the next years under whoever will hold the reins of the City Hall, be as good as the years when Mayor John Bongat, who is gracefully entering private life after three terms, led our namomootan na Maogmang Lugar to where it is now, a billionaire city no less.
Congratulations Mayor John and to your entire staff, the councilors, the department heads of the city hall, each and every dedicated employee, and the citizens of Naga who cooperated with the city administration.
Ten Commandments for Voting
I was asked by a friend to translate to Bikol the Ten Commandments for Voting that concerned citizens have been circulating in social media lately. I am attaching it here, hoping that I was able to translate it properly. We all hope and pray for a clean, honest, and peaceful election. May our prayers be heard. May we all vote with our conscience and honor in mind.
An Sampulong Sugo para sa Maka Diyos, Maka Tawo, asin Maka Pilipinong Pagboto:
1. Magboto ka para sa marahay asin sa karahayan na iyo ang tinutukdo kan saimong konsensya
2. Galangon mo ang desisyon kan ibang botante sa pagpili kan saindang kandidato
3. Aramon mo ang pagkatao, integridad, pagiging tultol, asin pagiging tatao sa pag serbe sa posisyon na kinakandidatuhan kan iboboto mo
4. Mag mawot ka na aramon, maintindihan, asin timbangon ang mga panindugan kan mga kandidato sa mga importanteng isyu kan sosyodad asin ang saindang itinataong solusyon asin mga programa manungod sa mga isyu na iyan
5. Dai nanggad ipabakal ang saimong boto. Ang boto mo sarong sagradong derecho na mayong katampad na sentimo
6. Dai mo iboto ang kandidato na nag gagamit ning kaisugan, kaputikan, asin kwarta tanganing makaluwas sa eleksyon
7. Dai mo iboto ang kandidatong may record o kaso ning korapsyon o pag lapas sa derechong pantao
8. Dai mo iboto ang kandidato ning huli sa utang na boot, panluwas na itsura, pagka pamuso, o kaya sa pag pahiling ning pakimarahayan saimo
9. Dai mo iboto ang kandidato na bakong marahay na ehemplo ang gabos na aspeto kan saindang pagkabuhay
10. Magboto ka ning udok sa boot para sa karahayan kan Pilipinas, kan kada Pilipino ngunyan asin sa mga masunod na henerasyon
Haciendas de Naga
We were recently invited by Maliene and Boy Aman of Haciendas de Naga in upland Naga. Haciendas de Naga is the biggest development in the Bicol Region and it is getting bigger and better. It boasts of a tree-lined environment friendly residential subdivision, amenities for sports and leisure, a premiere clubhouse, and soon, a technopark.
Haciendas is an emerging township, nestled on the foothills of Mt. Isarog, 400 ft above sea level on Km. 10 in uptown Carolina. Sprawled on an 82-hectare area of greenery with 648 full-grown pili trees and other tree species, the temperature in Haciendas is always cool even in the height of summer.
Family friendly and best buddies friendly, there are plenty of activities that can be enjoyed in the township. Not just the wave pool for swimming, there is a 9-hole golf course, a new mini golf course, the newly refurbished pili tree adventure with treetop walks and zipline, the ATV race track, horseback riding, zoofari, and lounging in the clubhouse or having special events in the function rooms, or staycationing in the fully-furnished cabanas.
“Harmonious co-existence of man and nature,” is the concept of Haciendas de Naga, developed from the design of world-renowned Architect Felino Palafox, Jr.
Engr, Emeterio “Boy” Aman envisioned to preserve the ecosystem of the area, working around the trees and waterways, leaving the environment virtually undisturbed.
With a lot of idle time in the hands of our kids this summer vacation, heading out to beautiful and exciting Haciendas de Naga is the most sensible thing to do. No need for a long drive because it’s just around uptown Naga. What are you waiting for?