THE TWO INSTITUTIONS inked the Memorandum of Agreement to reinforce the campaign on “Awareness and Appreciation of Water and Environment”, which aims to instil awareness and appreciation of our natural resources to ensure efficient use and sustainability.
Top officials of the Department of Education (DepEd) Naga City and the Metropolitan Naga Water District (MNWD) sealed partnership Tuesday, 30th day of July 2019 at the MNWD Conference Room, Naga City by signing a Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) on “Awareness and Appreciation of Water and Environment.”
MNWD’s General Manager Engr. Virgilio B. Luansing I and DepEd’s City Superintendent William E. Gando affixed their signatures on an important document that binds the two institutions to help instil awareness and appreciation of water and the environment among the students to ensure sustainability for the present and future generations.
In his Message of Support, Jorge T. Palma, Chairman of the Board of Directors, expressed his joy that finally, DepEd has become the latest addition to MNWD’s growing Community of Support in advancing and sustaining care for the environment, particularly the Mt. Isarog Natural Park (MINP).
Mr. William E. Gando stressed that the partnership is a big leap towards the development of “Pagkamakalikasan” among the students, one of DepEd’s core values. He expressed optimism that the partnership will help fulfil the shared vision for protected and sustainable water resources.
MNWD under this AGREEMENT, through the Environment and Water Resources Division (EWRD) and the Public Relations and External Affairs Section (PREAS) shall support the implementation of the Awareness and Appreciation of Water and Environment Program through but not limited to the following:
1. Conduct the orientation in every station.
2. Provide Tour IDs and Kits.
3. Coordinate with the Philippine National Police (PNP) or Public Safety Office (PSO) for the safety and security of participants.
4. Facilitate MIGs assistance during ground tour in watershed area.
5. Coordinate with DENR and City ENRO LGU-Naga for the Tree Planting Activity.
6. Coordinate with Conservation Farming Communities (CFCs) for the meals.
7. Monitor and evaluate (M&E) the implementation and operation of the Awareness and Appreciation of the Water and Environment Program.
8. Recommend the best strategies an options for the program’s sustainability.
9. Assign a point person to represent MNWD.
DepEd-Naga City shall support the implementation of the Awareness and Appreciation of Water and Environment Program through but not limited to the following:
1. Implement the Module on “Water: Nature’s Precious Gift”.
2. Provide participants for DepEd-MNWD-initiated activities.
3. Help in planting/growing seedlings inside school campuses through Edukasyong Pantahanan at Pangkabuhayan (EPP) / Technology and Livelihood Education (TLE) Subjects.
4. Identify Tree Growing site inside school premises.
5. Assign teachers/coordinators or students in monitoring the care of the trees.
6. Encourage and support YES-O initiatives and projects.
7. Provide administrative and logistical support from other partner agencies whenever necessary.
8. Assist in the monitoring and evaluation of the program.
9. Assign a point person to represent the DepEd-Naga City.
10. Conduct educational nature guided trip and exposure in nearby MNWD Pumping Station, Septage Treatment Facility and Agri-Ecotourism Center and Anayan-Rumangrap Watershed (optional).
The simple but meaningful occasion was attended by other personnel and officials of MNWD and DepEd Naga.
DepEd Naga and MNWD sealed partnership last July 30, 2019 at the MNWD Conference Room together with (seated, left to right) Atty. Darcy Bertulfo E. De Lima (DepEd Legal Unit), City SDS William E. Gando, GM Virgilio B. Luansing I, BOD Chairman Jorge T. Palma, and other officials and personnel of both agencies.