PNP on alert status after Sorsogon NPA attack

February 21, 2020

NAGA CITY--- The Philippine National Police (PNP) Bicol regional police office has  ordered all provincial and municipal police stations to intensify their security measures after an improvised explosive device (IED) exploded near the camp of the 2nd Sorsogon Provincial Mobile Force Company (PMFC) on Sunday (Feb. 16) evening,  Col. Roderico Roy Jr., Camarines Sur police provincial director, said. 


Roy said the explosion believed to be the handiwork of members of the New People's Army (NPA) in Sorsogon province injured Patrolman Erick Cabilao, who sustained head wounds after  three bombs exploded at the premises of the 2nd PMFC in Brgy. Aquino, Bulan, Sorsogon at 7:00 PM on  Feb. 16.


Roy said that he already ordered all police stations in the province to intensify police check points, maintain proactive measures, and gather necessary intelligence information for security purposes.


When asked to identify the towns in the province vulnerable to NPA attacks, he replied that remote areas in Camarines Sur are exposed to these kinds of incidents.


Reports previously named mountainous towns in the province  where armed encounters between government troops and communist insurgents have occurred recently.


Roy declared a full alert status in all police units throughout the province.

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Please reload