We are featuring comments generated by the editorial, columns and news stories
published in this paper. We encourage our readers to submit their comments about the contents of this paper at bicolmail.net or through the Facebook accounts of our writers.
On “Test the Waters” (Published on July 16 2020):
• Antonio Doblon: “Duterte impliedly claimed he is persecuting the nation’s oligarchs such as the Lucio Tan and the Ayalas. And that’s a bad job done by rubber stamps majority of House of Representatives. While evading the real issues of mishandling the pandemic by exposing to COVID 19 virus those enlisted AFP and PNP men to arrest home quarantined COVID 19 asymtomatic patients. Whereas the Duterte is currently dynasty clan, the President didn’t even agreed to disclose his own bank accounts. This create a hunch for the masses that there exist similar accounts of Jose Velarde and Jose Pidal. Duterte is also sorrounded by dirty traditional political advisers including the Marcoses who are spending wealth to source out firms to revise Marcos history. The quad media should be encouraged to help in having informed citizens and articulate the grievances of the masses. One day we will wake up that ABS-CBN will be replaced by trapo managed biased networks. Duterte administration is the renaissance of Marcos dictatorship subtly desguised. As the President and his Dirty Old Generals (DOGs) cabinet are only best in lip-service, who didn’t walk the talk and best practices of good governance were cut short..”
• Reynaldo Cabrera: “OBSERBASYON”..SABI NGANI KAYAN IYO NA INI ANG TAMANG PANAHON PARA BAGUHON ANG DAPAT BAGUHON MAGGIRIBO SANA NING TAMA TANGANI MAYONG PROBLEMA...PAGTOTOO ANG PIGTATARAM SIGURADO DAI KAYANG ALONON KAN KAPUTIKAN...MAGPAKA TOTOO LANG KITA TAMA SANA TANGANI MAYONG PROBLEMA...”
• Billy McClear: “I loved the wisdom. This is a balanced opinion educating the public of the priorities keeping all safe and sound. Hurray, tyo Henry! We cant champion over 2 evils at the same time.”
• Henry Mabesa: “I agree 200% atty. thanks for your great sharing & wisdom..ISIPON TA?”
On “Gabby Bordado: Doing the Right Thing” (Editorial on July 16, 2020)
• Sandie Verdadero – Congressman Gabby and the ten others who stood their ground against danger of political persecution from powers that be are Heroes of our country. We are proud of you. Latest SWS survey, 75% of our contrymen opted for renewal of francise of ABS-CBN. The people have spoken. VOX Populi, Vox Dei continue to fight for Press Freedom as the Pen is Mightier than the sword. The names of the 70 congressman who voted against renewal should be published. The people have the right to know. Continue the good fight Gabby. Primum Regnum Dei. Animo Ateneo.
On “Test the Waters” (Editorial on July 16, 2020)
• Sandie Verdadero – The pen is mightier than the sword. Journalist are exposed to constant danger whether in broadcast or in print media. That is occupational risk. There are people no matter how contructive the nature of your writing, are still irritated by what you have writen, unpleasant to their ears of what have you broadcast. NO amount of censorship can stop the truth and the truth will set you free.