Naga CHO chief: We are ready for Dengue outbreak
By Troy Omar Bisenio
The Naga City Health Office (CHO) assured residents of its readiness for a possible Dengue outbreak amid the rising cases in the city over the recent months.
In an interview, Dr. Vito Borja, CHO chief, said his office is prepared for the possibility of a mosquito-borne disease outbreak in the city.
"Ready kita sakaling magka [Dengue] outbreak pero sa ngunyan, controlled pa man. Mayo kitang casualty. Mayo kitang mortality sa pagtaas kan kaso kan dengue," Borja said.
"Kung ico-compare sa last year, mas higher kita ngunyan na taon by 38 cases. Mas halangkaw ang itinaas from January to June 2021 as compared ngunyan," Borja added.
As of July 7, the entire Naga City recorded a total of 105 Dengue cases.
Of the city’s 27 barangays, Borja named the top 5 barangays with the most number of Dengue cases. San Felipe recorded the highest number with 24 cases, followed by Concepcion Pequeña with 12 cases, Pacol with 8, Cararayan – 6, and 5 for Sta Cruz.
To further mitigate Dengue, Borja led a campaign last month for environmental hygiene in the households and barangays. He urged Nagueños to participate in the mandatory clean-up drives implemented by their barangay healthworkers.
"Itong pag conduct kang 4 o'clock habit, iyong paglilinig sa barangay every 4 o'clock in the afternoon. Pag Saturday and Sunday magrabos, pati sa mga harong, ipinaabot mi na sa mga kapitan na dapat i-implement yan," Borja stated.
He stressed the measures on how to prevent the spread of the disease. According to him "Dapat i-maintain an kalinigan, halion itong mga bagay-bagay na pwedeng tipunan ning tubig uran lalo na si mga used tires. Itong mga lata na pwedeng mag-accumulate uran. Itong bote, dapat baliktaron yan. Mayo man kitang ibang solusyon kundi yan and ginigibo ta 'yan every now and then."