Naga monitors tourists in hotels for Covid-19
NAGA CITY --- The Arts, Culture and Tourism Office (ACTO) of the city government is regularly monitoring guests of the numerous hotels here with travel history in countries affected by the Novel Corona Virus or Covid-19.
Alec Francis Santos, ACTO chief said that the hotel guests monitoring is part of the city government’s anti-Covid 19 measures to prevent the spread of the virus from guests with travel history in Covid-19 affected countries who are staying in the city’s numerous hotels.
He said hotel operators are required to submit a regular report to ACTO and the City Health Office (CHO) in case they have guests like that.
Santos said the city government has already put up measures to prevent the outbreak of Covid-19 in the city particularly after the health department has confirmed 33 cases of infected patients in Metro Manila.
So far, there were guests with travel history in countries with Covid-19 outbreak have tested negative for the virus, Santos said.
He warned hotel operators who are not complying with the submission of monitoring report of sanctions if they continue to disregard the order of the city government relative to the non-submission of reports.
Based on ACTO’s record, most of the foreign tourists in Naga City and Camarines Sur are Europeans, Americans, Germans and Australians. Very few are from China, South Korea and Japan, Santos said.
He said that in 2019, there were 1.5 million tourists who visited Naga City, an increase of five percent compared to previous years.
As of Tuesday, Mar. 10, Santos said, the CHO is closely monitoring the 50 individuals, including Caceres Archbishop Rolando J. Tria Tirona, who returned from Jerusalem, Israel and have quarantined themselves for 14 days.