Toursit arrival in Naga dips by 76%

June 26, 2020

NAGA CITY---Business establishments here which are dependent on tourism have adapted  new business models as tourist arrivals registered a decline of 76 percent this year due to coronavirus disease (Covid -19).
Alec Santos, Arts, Culture, and Tourism Office (ACTO) chief, said that they already advised tourism establishments to restructure their business models to cope with the reduced number of business travelers and tourists.

 


He said as long as the modified general community quarantine (MGCQ) is implemented in the city, business travelers and tourists are scarce so firms catering to this market were advised to target local tourists within the province.


Santos said ACTO expects tourist arrival in the city to  reach 400,000 only  until December. 


He said that based from their tourist count last year, tourist arrival in the city reached  1.8 million, more or less.


Santos said that among the firms engaged in tourism related business, restaurants contributed the biggest revenues to the city.


He added that other sources of city revenue are resorts, health and wellness establishments, and travel agencies and operators.


Santos said ACTO, as part of the city health emergency response task force, conducts weekly inspections of  these establishments to ensure that they are compliant with the health protocols implemented by the city.
 

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Please reload