500th Anniversary of Evangelization
Archbishop Tirona Opens the Jubilee Door of The Cathedral in the Pilgrim City of Naga
Most Rev. Rolando J. Tria Tirona, OCD, DD, Archbishop of Caceres, led the opening of the Jubilee Door of Saint John the Evangelist Cathedral, Naga City on April 4, 2021, Easter Sunday.
The Archbishop will also open the jubilee doors of the following Jubilee Churches in the Archdiocese of Caceres:
1. Saint Michael the Archangel Parish Church, Caramoan
2. Saints Phillip and James, Lagonoy
3. Holy Cross Parish Church, Nabua
4. Saint Bartholomew Parish Church, Baao
5. Saint Raphael the Archangel Parish Church, Pili
6. Our Lady of Peñafrancia Parish Church, Naga City
7. Saint Paschal Baylon Parish Church, Tinambac
8. Immaculate Conception Parish Church, Quipayo, Calabanga
The Philippines is opening the doors to 500 Jubilee Churches designated to mark the quincentennial commemorations for the arrival of the Christian faith in the country in 1521.
The Vatican has also announced that Pope Francis is granting a plenary indulgence, a special blessing to remove God’s punishment for sins, to Filipino Catholics visiting any of 500 Jubilee Churches.
The Catholic Bishops Conference of the Philippines (CBCP) released the list of the 500 jubilee churches across the archipelago that will welcome pilgrims beginning Easter Sunday on April 4, 2021, the same day that the the first Holy Easter Mass was held in Limasawa Island in 1521.
The “Holy Door” of the Jubilee Churches will remain open throughout the jubilee year until April 22, 2022.
The Vatican requests pilgrims to the Jubilee Churches to pray “for the fidelity of the Filipino people to their Christian calling, for the increase of priestly and religious vocations, and for the defense of the family, concluding with the Lord’s Prayer, the profession of faith, and an invocation to the Blessed Virgin Mary.”
In celebration of the 150th Anniversary of the Declaration of Saint Joseph as Patron of the Universal Church, the archbishop also grants the plenary indulgence to each and every faithful under the usual conditions every time they visit or take part in the liturgy in the following churches:
1. Saint Joseph Parish Church, Palsong, Bula
2. Saint Joseph Parish Church and Shrine, San Jose
3. Saint Joseph Parish Church, Tamban, Tinambac
4. Saint Joseph Parish Church, Cagliliog
Archdiocesan Office of Mission
Good News Pilipinas com
Decree on the Gift of An Indulgence for 500th Anniversary of the Evangelization of the Philippines and the 150th Anniversary of Saint Joseph as Patron of the Universal Church