top of page

PBBM visits flagship programs in CamSur

NAGA CITY --- His Excellency Ferdinand Marcos Jr. will visit the province of Camarines Sur and the chartered city of Naga today, March 16, to make rounds at his flagship projects in human settlements and agriculture.


This will be President Marcos’ first time to visit the province since he assumed office as country’s highest official and as the Department of Agriculture secretary. He will grace the Kadiwa ng Pangulo stalls in Palestina Covered Court in the municipality of Pili.


This program aims to provide Filipinos with fresh and affordable agricultural and fishery products directly from local farmers, fisherfolks and small enterprises, and help increase their income.


The President will also lead the groundbreaking ceremonies of Pambansang Pabahay Para sa Pilipino Housing (4PH) Projects along Panganiban area, Brgy. Concepcion Pequeña and in Balatas, both in Naga City.


The 4PHs, under the assignment of Department of Human Settlements and Urban Development (DHSUD), is a program set to create one million housing units in the country each year until 2028 for lower costs, to aid problems in housing among Filipinos.


The housing site in Concepcion Pequeña is a lot owned by the province of Camarines Sur where 10,000 housing units will soon rise. This is under the initiative of Camarines Sur Gov. Luigi Villafuerte after signing a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) in December 2022 with DHSUD Secretary Jose Rizalino Acuzar.


Meanwhile, the city government of Naga will also build 6,000 housing units at the New Balatas Development area for homeless Nagueños. President Marcos will also attend the distribution of various government assistance at the CamSur Watersports Complex in KaFuerte Sports Complex, Pili.


PNP in full alert status


Naga City Police Office Spokesperson, PSMS Tobias Bongon said in an interview with the Philippine Information Agency-Camarines Sur, that the police force is now in full alert status since Wednesday until today. He said that PNP officers had been stationed in active duty to provide security for the city.


Only the streets converging to the Balatas area were closed for a smooth traffic upon the arrival of the presidential convoy.


Bongon said that patrols are set to maintain peace and order, and assured that they will not bring disturbance in the ‘momentous’ event. Also, prior rounds of inspections by the Presidential Security Group were conducted to ensure increased safety in PBBM’s places of engagement. (Keren Bernadas-PIA5/Camarines Sur)

コメント


bottom of page