Performing PESO implementers recognized
DOLE Catanduanes conducted the First Quarterly Meeting for the Provincial PESO Federation today, March 8, 2023, at Amenia Beach Resort, Palawig, San Andres, Catanduanes. The main objective is to ensure that the employment facilitation programs of DOLE are well-planned and executed based on approved pledges, budget allocation, and process cycle time.
Ms. Janette B. Alpajaro, Regional Employment Focal, discussed the updates and targets on GIP and SPES. Mr. Kim Zuñiga, TUPAD Focal, discussed the issues and concerns arising from implementing TUPAD. Ms. Rodresha A. Torallo, Bicol PESO Federation President, presented the updates on PESO Institutionalization and shared what transpired during the PESOMAP First Quarterly Meeting held in Palawan last February 22-24, 2023. Further, Mr. Mark James Andayog of OSHC-REU5 and Ms. Ma. Yvette C. Bonavente of ECC-REU5 shared a learning session on Occupational Safety and Health and Employees Compensation Program, respectively. While Mr. Joms Pasano, Senior LEO/Planning Officer-Designate, talked about the program targets and priority goals for 2023.
Regional Director Ma. Zenaida A. Angara-Campita, CESO III, graced the meeting. She expressed her deep appreciation and gratitude to all PESO Managers for being the frontline in implementing employment facilitation programs of DOLE in their respective local government units and schools. Notwithstanding other equally important tasks, functions, and designations they perform.
Assistant Regional Director and concurrent DOLE CPO Head Imelda E. Romanillos, CESE, facilitated the open forum and presented the recommendations on the raised issues and concerns to avoid previously encountered problems in the future.
Furthermore, Certificates of Commendations were awarded to the following PESOs to recognize their contributions for PESO Year 2022.
- Certificate of Commendation for consistently carrying out the mandate of DOLE in implementing employment facilitation programs – All PESOs/JPOs.
- Best PESO in SPES and GIP Implementation – PESO Catanduanes State University
- Best PESO in DILP Implementation – PESO Caramoran
- Best PESO in Job Fair Implementation – PESO Virac
- Best PESO in PEIS Implementation – PESO Baras
- Best PESO in LMI Implementation – PESO Pandan
Top 3 Best PESO Managers
- Ms. Gina I. Vera, PESO Caramoran
- Ms. Maricel S. Cariaso, PESO CatSU
- Ms. Lilian T. Credo, PESO Baras
Top 3 LGUs in the Implementation of DOLE Employment Facilitation Programs
- LGU Caramoran
- LGU Baras
- LGU San Andres
With a report by: J. Pasano