Savage Mind and Howie Severino partner for a book giveaway contest
NAGA’S creative heart, Savage Mind Bookshop is partnering with award-winning broadcast journalist Howie Severino in a new project that intends to promote the value of local history among students and teachers.
The project was first proposed by Mr. Severino to Savage Mind creative director, Kristian Sendon Cordero. An avid reader of Philippine history, Mr. Severino hopes that this will also be an avenuef or teachers to get to know and support local independent bookshops like Savage Mind in Naga City.
Starting February 25, 2021 up to March 9, 2021, teachers from all grade levels, both public and private institutions are encouraged to reflect on the question, WHAT LOCAL HISTORICAL EVENT OR HERO IN YOUR TOWN, CITY OR PROVINCE WOULD YOU LIKE TO HIGHLIGHT AND SHARE WITH YOUR STUDENTS AND COMMUNITY? AND WHY?
For the full mechanics, please read below:
MECHANICS FOR THE PHISTORY BOOK GIVE AWAY CONTEST
A Special Project of Savage Mind Bookshop and Howie Severino
1. Open to all Filipino teachers, in all grade levels both public and private institutions. Entries may be written in English or Filipino. (Minimum of 100 words, maximum of 200 words)
2. The essay/post should revolve around the question, WHAT LOCAL HISTORICAL EVENT OR HERO IN YOUR TOWN, CITY OR PROVINCE WOULD YOU LIKE TO HIGHLIGHT AND SHARE WITH YOUR STUDENTS AND COMMUNITY? AND WHY?
3. All interested participants should tag the Facebook Page of Savage Mind: Arts, Books, Cinema Here is the link:
4. The essay should be posted from February 25, 2021 up to March 9, 2021 (12:00 midnight, Philippine time)
5. Criteria for Judging
A. Relevance to the Theme (40%)
B. Content and Style (40%)
C. Shares and Social Media Engagement (20%)
6. All winners will receive a certificate of recognition, a book package worth P 1500.00 and FREE SHIPPING.
7. Award winning broadcast journalist Howie Severino, public anthropologist and film critic Tito Genova Valiente and Savage Mind creative director, Kristian Sendon Cordero will serve as the board of judges.
8. Announcement of winners will be done on April 10, 2021. All winners should present a valid school ID where they are currently affiliated.