The Parish of the Divine Mercy, Paolbo, Calabanga, Camarines Sur
On June 30, 2003, Archbishop of Caceres Most Rev, Leonardo Z. Legaspi OP,DD, established the Parish of the Divine Mercy in barangay Paolbo, Calabanga, Camarines Sur, and installed Rev. Fr. Joevensie Nuñez Balang as its first parish Priest. At that time, it was the fourth parish within the Calabanga since the Parish of the Immaculate Conception in Quipayo was established in 1578.
The family of the late Francia Falcon – Apelo donated a portion of land to the archdiocese intended for the church site. The parish church was initially constructed with the help from various benefactors and fund-raising drives. With a generous assistance from of Susana Madrigal-Eduque, the construction finally reached completion so that on July 17, 2010, in time for the Tercentenary Celebration of the Peñafrancia devotion, the parish church was finally blessed and dedicated to the Divine Mercy by Archbishop Legaspi.
The site of the Divine mercy Parish in Paolbo is strategically situated three kilometers from Calabanga town proper, along the national highway that leads to the municipality of Tinambac.
The parish of the Divine Mercy serves eight barangays where primary source of living is farming and fishing.
Fr. Francisco Parza is the priest serving the parish at present.
Source: Caceres in Bicol